Old 02-07-2003, 06:20 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Ultimate Lotus Garden

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
BV, I'll just take your math as a given ;-) lol

At 32 sq.ft., your pond will be overgrown in a couple
of months. Especially since you will be planting them
without benefit of a pot. Just take my word for it, BV.
You really do want a larger lotus pond. Why, just look
at a the size of your lotus leaves now!! Imagine what it will
be by the end of summer. Did you already tell us what kind
of lotus it is? If so, I didn't get the post.

snip

I don't know what kind of lotus it is, as it was donated by a neighbor. It
will surely take over the pond, which for now is OK. When I do the lotus
pond, it would be fine if it took over. I'd like it to be dense. Hmm...maybe
I need to do a multi tier lotus pond...Use the raised bed frame for the main
part, and let it overflow into a smaller pond, which could then open to a
stream and flow back to the VF. Hmm. Double the size for the lotus, add a
waterfall...I like.

BV.