Old 02-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Jay Chan

Default How to Keep Shasta Daisy Short?

I went home yesterday, and cut off three shasta daisy as what I had
planned. Now, I just have to wait and see what will happen.

Although I haven't grown it myself, you could try 'Snow Lady,' which is a
popular classic. It grows to perhaps a foot tall, as does 'Silver Princess.'
'Snowcap' is perhaps slightly taller. These would all be easy to manage and
look good in a small garden bed. There are probably quite a few more. Try a
search online for some good pix and ideas.

I find a seeds-pack of the "dwarf" version of the shasta daisy. This
version is supposed to grow up to 1-ft or so. I will try growing some,
and see how they do next year.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jay Chan