Old 02-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Glenna Rose

Default Tomatoes not ripening

writes:

Right.

I had ripe tomatoes Memorial Day - in one of the colder
areas of Zone 5.

Sounds impressive, doesn't it? Especially if I give no
details.

In actuality, they were growing on Red Robin miniature
tomatoes indoors.

LOL, Pat. Yes I know, but to be completely honest with our fellow
gardeners, we must refer to those raised in the garden, at least from
plants. I am so pleased because I found some almost ripe tomatoes this
morning . . . love those Stupice tomatoes! This morning's tour uncovered
a small cucumber and the baby cantaloupe that has grown to a 3-inch
diameter (well, maybe only 2-1/2 inches), and several small peppers.
Looks like summer is on its way. :-)

I am disappointed, however, at how slow my Sun Golds are advancing, but
maybe my memory is not as accurate as I'd like. Lots of green tomatoes
but none with color yet.

Glenna