Old 02-07-2003, 07:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Waaayy too many mosquito fish!

"Gary Rich" wrote in message

Kayakkhan wrote:
Well ok...remove the Koi
sprinkle with Derris Dust (contains rotenone) the gambusia are stunned

not
killed and float to the top...scoop them out ...couple of hours the

derris
is rendered inoperative ..reinstall koi ...and any gambusia you want to
reseed the pond with

This is probably the only thing that will actually work. The bottle
trick will work to catch some of them, but I doubt it would even cut
into the breeding cycle. As you've found - they breed like tribbles.
From the way other things treat them, they must also taste terrible. We
used to have a bullfrog that would catch them and then just spit them
out. An oscar may eat them if it gets hungry enough.

Even this may not work. The fry are very tiny and easy to miss. And it
seems like there are always fry.

My tinfoils barbs, and my (now deceast) gar loved chomping on rosies. My
rope fish does the same.

BV.