Old 02-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Jack Straw

Default Extra Vegetables-my 2cents

"jfrost" :

Recently I have been feeling very much like the ant in the
"Ant & the Grasshopper" story. In the past, I have picked loads
of Bell Peppers, hot peppers, cherry tomatoes, & salad tomatoes
out of the garden and gave it away in plastic grocery bags.
It always irritated me that when i gave away my extra produce
to friends& others, that it wasn't valued as much as it probably
should have been, but they hadn't done hard labor
to produce it so how could i expect them to fully empathize.

So let me get this straight:

You resent the fact that no one appreciates your gifts (directly
veggies, and indirectly labor). So to fix this, you're spending money
on baskets and bows, and putting the same veggies and the same labor
in, to give the same stuff away in nice containers?

Whatever floats your boat, but that sounds pretty weird from where I'm
sittin'...

--
JackStraw
0x3D561045