Old 02-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default blooms on Hansa

In article ,
says...
My Hansa just put out it's first bloom, and it blew in about 3 days. Anyone
else have Hansa, is this common? Sure didn't seem to stay around too long.
It's an otherwise pretty slow growing plant anyway, too.

Individual blooms don't last long -5 or 6 days in cool weather with no
wind. But my Hansa pretty much stays in bloom all season. A dozen or
more blooms per "flower head" is common.

I have several rugosas and deadhead at least twice a week. You don't
have too, it just keeps the plant looking neater and, some say,
encourages more blooms.

BTW, my Hansa gets choppd back to knee height almost every year and grows
back to over 6' tall and 6' wide in a month or two. I hope you made room
for yours :-).

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?