Old 02-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Andy

Default What is eating so many of my plants - and a tree?

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:44:54 +0000 (UTC), Lynda Thornton
wrote:

Hi

I think I either have a plague of one thing or lots of different things
*suddenly* eating my plants' leaves and flowers!

The most worrying to me is my young rowan tree which we planted earlier
this year. It has done OK and put some branches out and good leaves,
it's over 6ft high, but in the last few days they are covered with small
holes which are brown-edged and from a distance the leaves don't look
green any more and some are like lace. I can't find the pest that's
doing it but it's had a go at almost every leaf.

Caterpillars? I've got shrub which had the same symptoms for two
years running. I sprayed it with a systemic insecticide and pruned
most of the damaged stuff out and now it's fine.

Hope this helps,

Andy