Old 02-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Tomatoes not ripening

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:14:16 -0700, (Glenna Rose)
wrote:

I am disappointed, however, at how slow my Sun Golds are advancing, but
maybe my memory is not as accurate as I'd like. Lots of green tomatoes
but none with color yet.

Hi Glenna, I'm writing from over the pond in Bristol, England.

I'm glad to find another grower of Sun Gold. I first tried these a few
years back and they were the tastiest tomatoes I have ever grown.
Since then, I have had problems with blight and lost my entire crop
for each of the last 3 years.

I'm trying them again this year, outdoors again, but this time may
resort to some sort of spray. I prefer not to use anything that isn't
organic (for either fertilizer or pest control), especially for
something I'm going to eat.

How does your crop usually get on? What zone are you in?

I am trying Okra and Aubergines in my greenhouse this year, which is
probably a bit ambitious, but we have had temperatures that have hit
the high 80's several times this year (plus some severe wetness in
between).

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)