Old 02-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Sevin and toxicity?

I always thought Sevin was one of the "best" of the "worst" -- i.e., you
can use it on vegetables? (With waiting period, of course, and not using it
would clearly be better, but my eggplant wouldn't have any leaves left after
the JB got through with them.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Unique Too" wrote in message
Shiva wrote:
I was surprised to see Sevin mentioned here, because it was one of the
first things I used on my roses for insects and one of the old crew
blew me out of the water for it.

I also thought Sevin was one of the really bad pesticides. It's another

of
those I bought a long time ago and only used once.

Where's Radika? I'm sure she can tell us how bad this stuff really is.
Hey, who needs her anyway? I found these myself! (just kidding R.)

http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/ipm/insects/ld50.htm

http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/facts-sl...bre-sevin.html

It seems Sevin isn't nearly a bad as some of the products out there.

Julie