Old 03-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default ossprey got one of my koi

Michael Grossman wrote:
Seems like the common answer is to net the pond. I guess it is going to be
the best thing to do, the tough part is how to deal with the plants.....I
have cattails and grasses growing 4' out of the water.
"Michael Grossman" wrote in message
news4HMa.87832$R73.10514@sccrnsc04...

We came home and found one of our Koi missing the other day and the fish
were all spooked. The next afternoon we observed an ossprey fly into our
backyard and turn away at the last minute when he saw us. What can I do,

if

anything, to keep him from coming back for another snack?

Mike

When I net my pond after the reeds have grown, I wrap the
netting around the reeds and anchor the net on either side
with rocks to keep it in place.

--
Bonnie
NJ