Old 03-07-2003, 12:56 AM
LeighMo

Default glow in the dark fishies

You're right of course.
It's a slippery slope and I'm hopelessly conflicted.

LOL! Well, at least you're honest. :-)

I'm somewhat conflicted, too. I don't really have a problem if people know how
to care for the fish, and are willing to make a commitment to do it properly
for the fishes' entire lives. But the vast majority of fish are bought by
people who don' t have a clue. Heck, that's probably what keeps pet stores in
business. It would probably be better for the fish if there were no fish
stores. True hobbyists would find a way.

I try to be environmentally aware when I choose my fish. I won't buy bala
sharks, for example. But a lot of the time, you just don't know how endangered
the fish is, or if the method of harvesting does environmental damage.

Leigh