Old 03-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Radika Kesavan

Default Sevin and toxicity?

JimS. wrote:
"Radika Kesavan" wrote in message

This is what Extoxnet has to say on Sevin/Carbaryl:
http://ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/pips/carbaryl.htm

"The only documented fatality from carbaryl was through intentional
ingestion," they say, and perhaps the other toxic effects are also from
intentional exposures (?).

It can't be TOO bad...I've put it directly on my dogs and cats before, to
kill fleas, and it doesn't make them sick.

Sorry my meaning was not clear the way I wrote it. I was simply
wondering if may be all the other toxic efforts reported are from
intentional exposure of experimental animals to very high levels of
Sevin in toxicology experiments. Even pure sodium chloride can be toxic
if one intentionally took it to very high concentrations in experiments,
I reckon. It is just that the amounts of Sevin where toxicity is claimed
in that document, on cursory reading, appear very high. May be I am
missing something.

--
Radika
California