Old 03-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Has anyone tried breeding a rose?

"GoldDustRhiannon" wrote in message
I just bought the Rose Expert book and read with interest the section on
breeding a new rose (by hand pollinating) . I was thinking I might give it

try just for fun so I could name my own rose ;o) Of course it would be

great to
end up with a perfect new rose but I'm sure it would be a learning

experience
what ever the result!

Has anyone here ever tried this?

Thanks for any replies
Lorraine

My then 7 year old son had a go, his rose now flowering well 11 years on is
a large rambler and part of our garden, when we get rid of him I shall
propagate a piece for him to take! :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk