Old 03-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Nedra

Default another lotus question

Muffin, You mean that stomping the floor hasn't
brought forth the leaves you want ? lol ...sorry
could not resist.

Please give your lotus some time to catch its breath.
It will soon reward you with aerials and buds. Which
take Forever to open. ... the buds I mean.

Nedra

"*muffin*" wrote in message
having my 1st lotus in 20 years,, I just planted the 'sucker' 2 weeks ago.
I ONLY have 2(two) 3" leaves ( on the water). mmmm.
since they are nice & 'green' leaves, I can assume the plant is alive..

(end
of tuber is out of soil)

but WHEN can I expect some BIGGER out of water leaves???

I fertilized it when I planted it. its in a round tub. clay/dirt soil.
topped with sand & small pea gravel, at the moment its 6 " beneath the

water
level. water temp is 75.