Old 03-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Earl Lewis

Default Walmart MTD Yard Machine 17HP Briggs&Stratton

Our club bought a new 17HP Walmart Yard Machine last fall. In June,
after approximately 20 hours of use, it started sounding like a rod
was knocking. Took it to a guy that does repairs for Walmart. He tore
engine down, said it had badly overheated, big carbon buildup causing
the noise. He has called Briggs&Stratton to see what they want to do
about it. He also said we could have taken the mower back to Walmart
and exchanged it, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. He also intimated that there may
be problems with the 17HP Briggs&Stratton. I note that this years
(2003) Yard Machines have a Tecumseh engine on the 17HP model. Anyone
know anything about this? Opinions?
Earl
Remove no_spam to reply email