Old 03-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Quental, Antonio

Default [IBC] Pre-Bonsai Soil

Since I sent out this email the other day asking for advice I went on a
shopping spree. I've been to Agway; they sell Chicken Grit (crushed
granite). It was only $7 for a 50 lb bag, so I picked up two. The
granite looks to be a perfect size; it doesn't seem to have any fines!!
I also went over to another local store, about 5 miles away and picked
up two more 50lb bags of Turface MVP, for $8 each. Then I went to the
local Home Depot and picked up 2 bags of Pine bark mulch, for about
$2.50 per bag. The only thing I still need to do is to get some window
screens and some sort of larger screen to get rid of the fines. The
larger screen would be to get rid of the large, uglier pieces of pine
bark mulch. Any recommendations on screens? Or where to get screens?
Do window stores sell screens with varying hole sizes? Thanks!! You
guys have helped me out a lot!

Antonio Quental