Old 03-07-2003, 03:32 PM
jel

Default mulch alternative suggestions wanted

I have 6 trees in my small yard, and a 40 year old grape vine. I would like
to stop mowing around each. The typical Ohio solution is to mulch around
trees. I know of no typical grape vine solution. But I don't want mulch;
I'd like to do something a little different. Has anyone any suggestions? I
am considering gravel - not the driveway grade but the pond grade small,
smooth marble. Any opinions on that? I'll need a retaining solution to
keep the gravel from rolling away. Any suggestions?