Old 03-07-2003, 05:56 PM
John DeBoo

Default Dog eats tomatos

Pat Meadows wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 09:05:01 -0600, John DeBoo
wrote:

Our female MinPin has once again decided that our tomato plants are
in *HER* yard for *HER* dining pleasure. Nice green tomatos that
are lightening up are slowly picked by her, and enjoyed. I come in

from watering the garden last night and there she is in the living

room with a nice plump one under one paw and a look that said
"What?". Sure glad I have lots of plants so we can enjoy some too.
Anyone else have critters that enjoy us having a garden in *THEIR*
domain?

Well, no. But only because we fenced them out of the
garden.

Our two large dogs would otherwise be very happy to eat
tomatoes and lots of other veggies. They wouldn't leave
much for us!

I tried the fence trick once but she got around it so I figured I
simply needed to plant enough for her and us. As for veggies in
general, she most think they are meat or something - she harvesyts
the garden, he just begs. I've not found a common veggie yet that
she or the male do not like. They beg at the counter for any we are
cutting. They eat pickles, onions, garlic (in small qtys), potatos,
celery, carrots, even green chili (really small qty here). The one
thing I've found that both do not like and run from is BEER. If
they get a whiff of it, they're history. Oh, and the female loves
moths and flies. I've watched her in the past harvest tomatos. She
slowly circles the plants, sniffs each tomato, selects the victim of
the moment and very delicately plucks it. At least she doesn't ruin
the plantG.