Old 03-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Sylvia Ellis

Default planting fir trees in the back garden as a screen

Our garden is overlooked by a road which many tourists use. We also are
going for plant screening. I agree with the other comments - fir trees
are more trouble than they are worth. There are plenty of shrubs that
will grow to 15 feet. You will need a shrub that will quickly grow to
that height - trellis and climbers is indeed a good option.

Unfortunately my newsreader removes newsgroups that aren't held on our
internal server, so will remove the gardening newsgroups from this item.
I recommend that people follow up to a different item, to retain the
gardening newsgroups.
--
Sylvia Ellis