Old 03-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Frits v/d Laan

Default Killing grass under my apple trees

Ther are parasitic plants growing on grassroots and by doing so
decimating the grass and giving space for flowering plants to grow.
In Dutch called 'Ratelaar' try it on a searchengine to find more
details.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:23:46 -0400, WCD wrote:

Pat Meadows wrote:

Why? If it ain't broke....

The main reason is I'm taking out the grass everywhere else back there
and turning the whole "back 40" into a wildflower meadow. I have way too
much grass to mow and otherwise worry about. I'd rather spend my time
putzing around in the garden.

The only area I'm not sure about is directly under the trees.

Also, I can't get the tractor under there to mow without risking taking
my head off in the process, or at least putting out an eye.

Thanks.