Old 03-07-2003, 11:10 PM
paghat

Default attrack grub eating birds?

In article ,
(Rupert) wrote:

I had a thought. Last summer I had grubs in my front yard but not in
my back (where the birds hang out). Is there a good way to attrack
birds to the lawn so that they can eat the grubs up? Is this why I
didn't have them in the back?

There for a second I thought you wanted to ATTACK grub eating birds. Birds
of all sorts seem to be most comfortable in gardens that have plenty of
shade, nearby trees to take cover in in an emergency, ready water
resources, & not too many bird-scattering pets or children. They also like
it where gardeners churn soil or them, or turn on sprinklers that bring
insects & worms to the surface of turfs.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/