Old 03-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Black Branch - HELP please!

Hi, I have recently been given a Bonsai, but part of a branch
(quite a
large one), has been chopped in half. It seems to be turning

black, and
the wood seems soft.I am worried some sort of disease is

setting in -
can anyone help?

Laura . . . what kind of tree IS it? Juniper? Serissa? Chinese
elm? Ficus? Other?

Does it have needles?
Leaves? Big ones? Small ones? Light green? Dark green?

Who chopped it?

Does this bonsai have rocks fixed to the soil? If it does, GET
RID OF THEM and replace the space they took up with a decent
potting soil.

Be careful how you water. Water ONLY when the soil feels DRY. Do
NOT water daily unless the soil goes dry daily.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++