Old 03-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Other Brother Kevin

Default Lawn Tractor - help buying

Check Consumer Reports, A co-worker and I were talking about JD just
this morning. He said that CU gave the John Deere sold at Home Depot
their best rating. I'm not sure which ones they have.

Whatever one you get, get a trailer. I've done more work around the yard
since I got mine.

Kevin

Sobriez wrote:

Hi,

I have about 1/2 acre to mow with several obstacles, but mostly flat.

I am looking to purchase a lawn tractor.

I have looked at MTD, Craftsman, John Deere and Kubota - all of which I can
get parts and service easily (no other brands in my area like Cub Cadet)

I've narrowed it down to three:
John Deere L110
John Deere LT150 or LT160
Kubota T1570

There's about a $1000CDN difference between the L110 and the others. I've
seen some negatives about the L series JD's, and some rave reviews.

Does anyone have any experience with any of my contenders?? Parts/service
are important to me. Is the L series really that bad.

Thanks

Jack in Canada