Old 03-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default Re(2): Tomatoes not ripening

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:20:01 -0700, (Glenna Rose)
wrote:
There are a lot of us Sun Gold lovers out there. I must admit, I've been
an evangelist.

Good to hear from you.

One thing's for sure. What with...

They are especially wonderful for the little people;
my granddaughters and other young visitors pick them like berries

....and...

I keep trying Okra because my grandmother likes it so well ...

That sounds like there are quite a few generations of your family
enjoying this produce - must be doing everyone a power of good!

Good luck with all your babies this year, especially those Sun Golds!

I checked tonight - I now have lots of fertilized flowers. However,
there are also some nasty dark patches all over some of the stems.
Since I've lost so many previous crops to Blight, I'm off out to try
some spraying (trying something "natural" called Biosept).

Finally. Since last writing three of my Okra flowers seem to have
turned into "fruit" without the flowers even opening. There are plenty
more buds showing, although the blackfly are starting to move in too.

All the best,

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)