Old 04-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Valkyrie

Default goldfinch attacking windows

wrote in message
ganews.com...
There has been a male goldfinch attacking our windows (his reflection, I
presume) for the past several days. Is there any way to convince him not
to do this before he hurts or kills himself?

Alan

He sees his reflection and is after "the other male" to leave his territory.
The only thing you can do is make the window NOT reflective. I've found the
easiest is to use some watered down Glass Wax. Wipe a thin film on the
window (outside) and no more reflection and you can still see out, all
though a bit hazy. This behavior only lasts a few weeks and then you can
hose off the window and problem is solved. If the window is out of normal
reach a sponge mop works pretty well for application

Val