Old 04-07-2003, 04:56 AM
JSin

Default Zoinks! pH of tap water is 9.0

John Rutz wrote:

Personally I would rather deal with acidic water than hard alkaline
water. But as has been stated in your other post GF and Koi can be
adapted to higher pH but that is another set of problems.

-- actualy they prefer the higher PH

You get them too high you have not just pH problems though but also
ammonia toxicity issues.... As pH goes up ammoania affects the fish more
readily.

Like I said I would rather work with lower pH tap than hard alkaline tap
water. Acidic water has less buffering capacity and less problem with
rebound pH can be adjusted with limestone and bakingsoda and as such can
be more easily controlled. Bringing down high pH water IMHO is a pain in
the ass... keeping it there is a bigger pain. But you work with what ya got.

--
JSin
Lost Generation Custom Tattoo