Old 04-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Joe Morris

Default Climbing hydrangea

Hi,

Does the climbing hydrangea leaves turn an interesting color in fall?

Thanks,

Joe Morris

Please remove ZAP to email me.

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
Easy to transplant, slow to establish and become vigorous. Easily can make
30', I have seen them over 60'. They are climbers that would appreciate a
trellis or some sort of structure to help them over to whatever major
structure you're aiming for them to grow upon. Best used on east or north
exposure in adverse climates... but will grow well anywhere from full sun

shade. A great (some say the best) vine!

Dave

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
I have 2 fairly small but fast growing climbing hydrangeas. Both are

about
18 inches high. I want to remove them from their current location and

place
them else while they are still small enough to handle the transplant.

How big should I expect them to get?
Do they need support of a fence or trellis?
How far apart should I plant them?
What do they prefer in the way of sunlight?
When should I expect them to bloom for the first time?

I know its a lot of questions but I have never grown these before.

TIA

Cindy