Old 04-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Lil

Default To demand or not to demand adherence to contractor 's written proposal

Have hired a landscape contractor to install a patio, a walkway and a
6"-strip of gravel along the walkway, next to our boundary fence.

The landscaper and landscaper's crew while appearing to be competent
failed to adhere to the diagram outlined or to the timetable they
themselves set.

While I understand that things, like the concrete truck breaking down,
happen, making it impossible to keep a tight adherence to the
schedule, I find it incomprehensible that the landscaper failed to
refer to the detailed diagram I've sent him.

The project is nearly done, and they've just done the walkway.
However, they failed to install the gravel along the walkway. Whould
I hold the landscaper to it? (We're talking about 50 or 60 sq. ft. of
gravel.)

BTW, I have not paid the landscaper a dime other than the deposit
required to do the work.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Lil