Old 04-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Bay Trees

(gmt) wrote in :

I tried grumbling. This, after a fashion, was
the successful technique. The one bay tree became
three, because two members of the family then
bought me baby bay trees as birthday presents.

Your grumbling technique must be superior to mine.

I've tried leaving seed & plant catalogues about filled with bookmarks and
red pen, giving other people's names and addresses to the catalogue people,
and talking endlessly about plants, and what do they say?

They say : 'Ooo, I never know what to get you!'.

Bah!

(waves hand dismissively in the manner of Dogbert).