Old 04-07-2003, 02:32 PM
GrampysGurl

Default compost turned into a worm farm

Is this typical for a compost pile to turn into a worm farm? I
guess it's time to go fishin'

That has been my experience but since I started going organic about 5 years ago
I am no longer short of worms, I have plenty that are always looking to branch
out and feed. I was watching I think Gardening by the Yard the other day and
they were talking about worm farms and worm castings (poop) I believe the word
was.... Quite interesting how the process went. For whatever it's worth worm
poop is very good for the garden, people pay good money to buy it for their
gardens.
Colleen
Zone 5 Connecticut