Old 04-07-2003, 02:44 PM
John Owens

Default Lowering a cupressus

Thanks Sacha.

They are not Leylandii.
I do not know exactly what they are.
There are photos on

http://www.goodviews.co.uk/moreoutside.htm

Specifically the view from the back patio

and the same tree / hedge goes around the front.

http://www.goodviews.co.uk/Accom%20GoodView.htm

Cheers

--
John Owens

Fax 44 1509 89 08 22

www.GoodViews.co.uk

"Sacha" wrote in message
in article , John Owens at
wrote on 4/7/03 1:20 am:

Hello

I / We have a cupressus which is lovely but too high in parts. To be

frank
we have to pay the gardener too much to trim it as he practically need
climbing gear and oxygen to reach it. (well at least a complex set of
ladders). We asked about reducing it by between 0.5-1.5 metres in

parts.

snip

If you're talking about the south of France, what kind of cupressus is

it? I
ask because while I loathe C leylandii and almost always advocate

removing
them and putting something less thuggish and prettier in their place, if
it's C. sempervirens, the whole point of them is that they *are* tall and
tapering and to my mind, quite gorgeous. If they're cut into, I would

think
their whole raison d'etre would be lost.
--

Sacha

THanks Sacha.

They are not Leylandii.