Old 04-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Shiva

Default Joys of Fungicide, Bliss of Insecticide!

It's amazing the variety of rose-eating insects that has emerged in my
garden after two months of NOT spraying. Between the blackspot and
canker damage, the vole damage, and the insect damage, I am lucky to
have anything left at all. What amazes me is that they can recover so
quickly after some four years of constant Orthenex use. A good
indication of who or what is really going to inherit the earth one
day, I think. I had fun yesterday going to Baldo's site and
identifying the horde. Sadly, no beneficials among them except my
ever-present ladybugs and one new addition: the kind of soldier
beetles that eat aphids.

We have sun forcast for several days for the first time in a long
while. Tomorrow I spray! Yippee! I'm taking my roses back!