Old 04-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Bonsai and Disabilities

I have been taking Pilates (bonsai for people) and there are a lot of neat
stretches one can do for various parts of the body. The composition of a
Pilaties sculpted body is formal upright with a slight curve about 3/5 up
from the roots and firm core stabilizers. Both "roots" face forward not
greater or lesser than hip width, not much taper. I also sleep on a
heating pad set on low with a towel on top of the pad. Herbal feedings
work only for short periods. Valarian is a muscle relaxant. There are
also the Glucosamin/Clondroiten combinations as well. I had to stop them
because I am allergic to shellfish, but they did work.

Kitsune Miko

At 01:31 PM 7/4/03 +0000, Iris Cohen wrote:
My left shoulder is shot from osteoarthritis. They took away my Celebrex
because of blood pressure, so I am restricted to Tylenol. When I do a lot of
wiring or other bonsai work (even though I'm right-handed), my shoulder feels
it that night. I have no intention of giving this up. Has anyone with similar
problems developed any tricks or techniques to minimize shoulder stress?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++