Old 04-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Chris

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer, its me again :)

Hi all,
I got my stihl blade through today, as I do not have a manual, I am not sure
how to fit the blade.
The parts I got with the blade are; 1 Collar Nut, 1 Thrust washer 4128
which is curved, and 1 Rider Plate 4119 galvanised cup thingy, I think there
is a vital part missing.

When I phoned the shop an assistant told me its a washer I am missing but I
do not think this is right

I think the part I am missing has to be something along the lines of a
collar because the hole in the middle of the blade is 25.4mm and the bolt on
the strimmer for attaching strimmer heads etc is only 12mm, there should be
some collar or central bush to slot over the bolt to make up diameter so the
blade is kept centred and somehow I do not think a washer is going to do
this.

Advice please, thanks.

Chris