Old 04-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Frogleg

Default Barley question

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:10:25 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Have I got a chance of getting mature barley in upstate New York, planted a
bit over a week ago, and already an inch high? The packet information says
"90 days", so I'm hoping for a late fall... the idea is to get enough for
seed stock to plant enough to malt for next year...
Hey, I plan big, if not well.

Hey, what difference would any of our answers make? You gonna plow it
up if someone says "no"? I bet not. You want to know if you have a
chance. Why not? Maybe (oh, geez) a long, hot summer is coming for the
right coast. "90 days" is an average -- plants don't come with
calendars. If frost comes before plants are mature, they might make a
good 'green manure' and a reminder to plant earlier next year. Cheers!