Old 04-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Roscoe

Default Growing Clematis from seed?

Not home produced seed, but I have had success with clematis alpina seed
brought back from Majorca. I sowed the seeds in JI seed compost, had almost
100% germination the following year and pricked the seedlings out into 9cm
pots. I gave most away to friends and kept two which have since both
flowered . Seeds of all climbing clematis species are best sown from
October, so I am told! Do seeds really know the months of the year?
Best of luck.

Roscoe
"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in a message:
Hi,

Has anyone grown Clematis from home produced seed?