Old 04-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Sacha

Default Lowering a cupressus

in article , bnd777 at
wrote on 4/7/03 6:22 pm:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
if
it's C. sempervirens, the whole point of them is that they *are* tall
and
tapering and to my mind, quite gorgeous. If they're cut into, I would
think
their whole raison d'etre would be lost.
--

Sacha

THanks Sacha.

They are not Leylandii.
I do not know exactly what they are.
Theree are photos on

http://www.goodviews.co.uk/moreoutside.htm

Specifically the view from the back patio

and the same tree / hedge goes around the front.

http://www.goodviews.co.uk/Accom%20GoodView.htm

Assuming I'm looking at the right thing, I'd say that's pine, not
Cupressus. Unless it's something like Pinus montezuma, which I seriously
doubt, I wouldn't break my heart over a slash and burn operation - not if
you're going to lose an all-important view like that one. The only thing I
would say is that if this property is very new to you, make sure you're not
obliterating an important shelter belt. If that's what those trees *are*
there for, then taking a few feet off the top and leaving the bulk to
shelter you might well be your answer. Only you and time can tell. ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk