Old 04-07-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Bay Trees

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 17:36:44 GMT, AndWhyNot
wrote:

Apologies if this post is repeated .......... watered well but posts
not appearing !!

Hi All.

A friend had a great small bay tree, in a big pot, stands about 5'
tall.

Will it be possible to take a 'cutting' and prepare it with rooting
compound, and pot up etc etc.

Any advice please, where to cut, when to cut, what to pot up in, and
success rate ???

Thanks in advance

Hi

We have a big tree in our front garden and growing.

So I thought I would take cuttings. The first time I did it, it was
sharp sand and potting compost (all I had), no rooting powders, into
the shade with a clear poly bag on to and left them for over a year!!!

They worked, well two of the six. They are now potted up and growing
away.

Tried putting some into potting compost without the bag. Result: after
many months with the leaves still green, they suddenly fell off and
experiment failed..

will have to try again with the poly bag treatment and see if I can
repeat it. The leaves were kept from contact of the poly by a number
of sticks.

Hope it helps

Yours

Andrew J