Old 04-07-2003, 08:56 PM
James Curts

Default US Bully: Sign war crime immunity agreement, or lose veterinary program aid

"Charles Hawtrey" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:53:23 +0200, Torsten Brinch
wrote:

"Whatever the administration thinks of the International Criminal
Court, its tactics in pursuing these bilateral agreements are
unconscionable. Other governments can plainly see that punitive
measures are being used primarily against poor and relatively weak
states with few options other than to give in to the United States.
Signing an agreement will put an ICC state party in breach of its
legal obligations and at odds with other important national interests.
This raw misuse of US power makes the policy all the more
objectionable," Roth wrote.

Your logic seems to be that other countries have an inalienable right
to US financial aid, regardless of their positions on issues of
interest to the US. I do not see anything wrong with providing aid
only to countries that act in our interest.

The ICC is noble in principle but unworkable in practice. The guilty
can easily evade justice by having sham trials in their own countries,
while well-meaning peacekeepers will be subject to an endless
annoyance of frivolous prosecutions.

--
I don't know why you people seem to think this is magic,
it's just this little chromium switch here... Ah you people

Charles,

Your reply was somewhat refreshing. A large portion of the world have lived
on American gratuities for so long they have come to demand it. It is soon
becoming apparent to many that the current man occupying the presidential
office is not nearly the uneducated bloke they thought.

Shock that it may be to their narrow little mental processes many of them
may have to start supporting their own careless habits. The two faced
actions of many countries and exemplified by our good friend, France, will
become more in line and forced to developed a more valid standard of
integrity and credibility if they wish to remain at the free feed trough.

Thanks for putting it pretty clearly

Right now I must join some folks in a very pleasant afternoon of remembrance
and celebration.

Take care

James Curts