Old 04-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Lee Clemmer

Default glow in the dark fishies

"Skunky" wrote in message

To be honest this topic could go on forever and cause some folks to fall
out! I could write about this stuff forever and moan about it. One
thing I am sure of is that nearly all the species lost and the habitat
destroyed brings us ultimately back to one cause.....HUMANS,

Um, no.
Major extintions are generally caused by changing environmental conditions
that have little or nothing to do with human beings. This is a fact. Were we
responsible for the dinosaurs going bye-bye? Of course not. I'm not
downplaying the Amazon basin deforestation, etc. We definitely should take
care in our treatment of the environment, but to presume that we're the one
big "problem" is a bit ignorant.

Lee