Old 04-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Barley question

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:10:25 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

Have I got a chance of getting mature barley in upstate New York, planted a
bit over a week ago, and already an inch high? The packet information says
"90 days", so I'm hoping for a late fall... the idea is to get enough for
seed stock to plant enough to malt for next year...
Hey, I plan big, if not well.

It's only July 4 (Happy July 4th!). July, August,
September: providing you don't get a frost in September, it
looks to me as if you've got a good chance of success.

Our first frost here (similar climate to yours) has been
October 8 both of the two years we've lived here.

Pat