Old 07-02-2003, 07:44 PM
Fleemo

Default When To Take Action Against Frost Protection?

Much of the SW will get the hardest frost of the past winter tonight.

Indeed. What has been an extremely mild winter has suddenly turned
quite cold. We've barely dipped below 40 all winter, but every night
this week has flirted with the freezing mark. I had a lovely clump of
nasturtium that was flourishing until the night before last. Now it's
history.

I had thought that a sprinkling of water would help to get the plants
through the night, but I guess I'd better go back to draping sheets
all over the yard.

Can anyone point me to a list of plants that are particularly cold
sensative (such as nasturtium, basil, impatiens)? I don't always get
around to covering ALL my plants, and would like to know which ones I
should focus on and which stand a better chance of braving the cold.

Thanks for all the input here folks.