Old 04-07-2003, 10:20 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Azalea's won't bloom

(Wishy13764) wrote:

I bought this hardy version from Home depot while it was in bloom. Now, since
the blooms have gone south, how do I get it to bloom again? i live in NYC area
as far as zones go. Do I have to wait till fall? BTW, its in a 12" inch
container.

Azaleas bloom once each year in the spring. Until then it is a nice
evergreen shrub. It may have nice fall foliage. Some do.

Your plant is forming buds for next years blooms now, so don't prune if
you want it to bloom again.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://www.users.fast.net/~shenning/rhody.html