Old 04-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Colin Malsingh

Default harvesting chilis

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:57:12 +0100, "Neil Catley" wrote:

thanks for the tips - how about cutting them from the plant - where do I do
it ??

Just gently grab the fuit, twist and pull (holding the main stem if
necessary).

If it resists, you can cut the stem just above the fruit. However,
I've always thought that "naturally" tearing will break the plant
across in built weak lines. Cutting is a little more brutal.

Mind you, the Habenaro may get its revenge on you if you've got a good
one. After your eyes have stopped watering, you can think about next
year's crop and maybe trying something else, like a Scotch Bonnet
(just as good a heat, but maybe something extra in the flavour
department).

Colin
-----
(Please reply via the newsgroup)