Old 05-07-2003, 02:32 AM
animaux

Default Malathion Rate

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:59:47 -0500, zxcvbob wrote:

Mark Bellinger wrote:

Hi, I wish to control scale on my Bay Tree with Malathion. What is the
mixture rate to use. Do I need to mix it with while oil for it to be
effective.

A dormant oil spray, mixed at the 1/2 strength "summer oil spray" rate
would be more effective, but iirc you should not use oil spray when the
temperature is about 90 F. degrees. There will be directions on the label.

Bob

That's why they invented SunSpray. It's a horticultural oil which you can use
in any season. I live in Texas and have used it to treat a horrific scale
problem on one of my redbuds.