Old 05-07-2003, 05:32 AM
JNJ

Default Extra Vegetables-my 2cents

You know, I teased in my original response, telling the poster to seek help,
but in all seriousness -- I do not see what the issue is here.

If folks are unappreciative of the fruit and veggies then the appropriate
response is certainly clear -- do not give it to them. When my
father-in-law plants tomatoes in his garden I cannot wait for the periodic
harvests during the summer -- I'll tell ya, I'm REALLY missing those yellow
tomatoes he plants each year. It looks like he will not be planting any
'maters this year at all (local weather ain't been that great) and it's a
real bummer. So believe me -- his garden overflows are very appreciated and
I make certain to tell him so.

So if they don't appreciate it, then don't give them the fruits of the
labors (quite literally at that). Take what you can eat, give some to those
who do appreciate it, then pass the rest along to a food bank.

James