Old 05-07-2003, 10:44 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Gardenia's

"Flossie" wrote in message
Hello

My gardenia does the same thing... the yellow leaves part anyway. I

was
told by my local garden centre guru that its due to an iron deficiency

and a
couple of good handfulls of epsom salts on the soil watered in will do

the
trick... I tried that and within three days all yellowing had gone.

Now I
just sprinkle a bit on when yellowing occurs and it takes care of it.

Some
of the yellowing however is just a natural part of the leaf life cycle

as
such... but all over yellowing responded well witht he epsom salts.

"Terry & Angela" wrote in message
Our Gardenia's have yellow leaves and most of the flowers die and

drop off
before they open can anyone help we live in S.E. Queensland

Terry & Angela

Are you sure your gardenias don't have magnesium deficiency? This is
what epsom salts is generally used to remedy (its magnesium sulphate
which has no iron) and apparently gardenias can get this problem, so
epsom salts may if fact be the thing to add.

David