Old 05-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Lotus Frustration

Pinkpggy wrote:
I was ready to go to a garden center and buy a growing lotus for $70 to
replace
mine, but before leaving I saw that two leaves have come up from what I
thought
was a mostly-dead tuber. I don't know what can develop from a lotus that is
starting out now by the end of the summer in Chicago, but I am excited to see
what happens. So, to my fellow novices, I say never give up.

My story isn't about lotus, but about water canna. Last year the people at the
store told me to cut it off and stick it at the bottom of the pond with the
other plants. I thought, yeah right. But I did it. This year its growing,
not blooming yet, but its a beautiful plant. So you never know what will
happen with a pond.

Jan
http://hometown.aol.com/pinkpggy/us.html

Please remind us of this in September! ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ