Old 05-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Bob Adkins

Default Safe size for Albino Cat in pond

On 4 Jul 2003 16:15:10 -0700, (Paul L.) wrote:

Hi,

We have pond filled with numerous types of Goldfish. We're getting
batches of new born babies. So we bought an Albino Channel Catfish to
control the population. Right now the catfish is only 3 inches, but I
hear they grow very fast, up to 50 inches long. My question is what's
size should we let the albino catfish grow till we have to remove him
from the pond before he starts eating our fancy goldfish? Some of our
goldfish are only 3 inches long and grow very slow.

Within a year or 2, the catfish will be the only fish in the pond.

I'm building a 1.4 acre pond for bluegill and bass fishing. I may add 1
channel cat at some point if my pond becomes overpopulated.

Bob