Old 05-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Lee Clemmer

Default glow in the dark fishies

" You do realize that there were no humans when the dinosaurs roamed,
right?

Of course, that's exactly my point. We couldn't have had anything to do with
it, because we didn't exist yet. It was a bit of a joke.

I don't think any other species in the history of the Earth has been
responsible, directly or indirectly, of so much damage to ecosystems and

thus
of the extinction of species, both plant and animal.

Tough to say, since we weren't around to see if there were species that were
more destructive, for most of the earth's history. You may be right, we
might be the most destructive. But so far all that we've done has been very
mild compared to what nature has done and can do. Again, I'm not making
excuses for our behavior. We shouldn't be destructive if we can avoid it.

Read Chuck's post. (if you didn't)

Lee